Photo: Rob Latour/REX/Shutterstock; Earl Gibson III/Getty Images

arnold-burnett

ActorTom Arnoldand reality show producer Mark Burnett got into a physical altercation at a pre-Emmy Awardsparty on Sunday night.

The two were attendingthe Evening Before the Primetime Emmy Awards, an annual charity event in Los Angeles to raise money and awareness for the Motion Picture & Television Fund, at the time of the incident,Varietyreported. They were walking into the party around 9:30 p.m. local time when the brawl went down.

So what happened when they came face-to-face on Sunday night?

According to Arnold, Burnett “went apes– and choked me,” fleeing the scene soon thereafter “with his torn pink shirt and missing gold chain.”

“I’m waiting for LAPD,” Arnold wrote on Twitter.

Arnold claimed Kevin Bacon and his daughter Sosie Bacon witnessed the altercation. A rep for the actor did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for confirmation that they were present. Billy Eichner also shared a photo taken with Arnold “right after the fight with Mark Burnett” on Twitter. Eichner’s rep did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

RELATED VIDEO: Tom Arnold Says Ex-WifeRoseanne BarrIs ‘Obviously’ Racist and Needs to Get Off Social Media

Arnold denied that on Twitter. “Bulls—,” he wrote. “You lie your crazy husband attacked me you psycho. I’m filing police report and suing you for defamation.”

He later claimed that Downey’s injury happened prior to the incident. “Brutal bruise,” he said of the 58-year-old actress’ mark. “Should’ve gone to a doctor last week when you hurt it.”

Reps for Arnold, Burnett and Downey did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s requests for comment. A spokesperson for the Los Angeles Police Department tell PEOPLE that they had “no report” on the incident “as of yet.”

“I’m with Tom Arnold, everyone,” Arnold’s pal Patton Oswalt tweeted, sharing a smiling selfie of the two. “He’s okay. We gotta protect this brutal angel.”

source: people.com